Natural Gas Appliances
Choosing natural gas for your home appliances gets you the comfort, reliability and performance you need – at an economical price. It’s also an environmentally responsible choice for heating your home, getting hot water, drying your clothes, cooking your food and a variety of other amenities.
Comfort, Reliability and Performance
- Today's high-efficiency natural gas furnaces feature technology that boosts efficiency to save money and improve comfort.
- Gas water heaters deliver up to twice the hot water in the same amount of time as an electric water heater.
- A natural gas dryer can dry two loads of towels in the same time as one load in an electric dryer.
- Patterned after professional models, today’s gas ranges offer even cooking, high-output burners and super-low simmer temperatures.
- Gas furnaces typically perform twice as long as electric heat pumps.
- For ease and relaxation, gas fireplaces and logs, grills and outdoor lights are unparalleled.
- Natural gas is the best choice for pool and space heating and backup power generation.
- Natural gas produces far less greenhouse-gas emissions and carbon than competing energy sources.
- Compared to the average all-electric home, the average natural gas home emits 46 percent less carbon.
- Natural gas has an immediate positive environmental impact. Alternative and renewable sources now meet only 6 percent of our nation’s energy needs.
- Choosing natural gas promotes energy independence: There is an abundant domestic supply.
To learn more, check out our Indoor Comfort, Outdoor Living and Absolute Reliability pages. Or call our Natural Gas Advantage Line at
and choose option 5.