As mandated by federal and state regulations and as an important part of our safety and maintenance programs, Chattanooga Gas periodically conducts a physical survey of our natural gas mains, service lines and meter sets. Sometimes this includes the interior gas piping in your home or business up to the meter.
If you recently received a doorhanger at your premises, we were attempting to gain access to our meter set to perform a maintenance check. A representative from our contractor, Utility Resource Group LLC, checked a portion of our service line on your property and was unable to gain access to your house, building or fenced area to complete the survey.
By leaving a doorhanger at your premises, we are not indicating that there is an issue at your premises. However, we do need to gain access to the natural gas meter to complete our maintenance check. Failing to provide access may cause your service to be interrupted.
If it is not convenient for us to return on the Saturday indicated on the postcard or doorhanger, please call our contractor, Utility Resource Group at 833.450.0999 to schedule this maintenance check.
If we do not hear from you within thirty days of the final attempt indicated on the doorhanger, your natural gas service will be subject to interruption.
**If there is inclement weather on the day we have scheduled to come to your premises, we will reschedule for another day.
Tips to Help Complete the Maintenance Check:
- Locked Gate/Fence/Meter Under House – Please leave the gate/fence unlocked for the indicated Saturday visit.
- Dog – Please have your dog moved away from the meter set and ensure the dog is unable to approach the technician.
- Excess Vegetation or Trash/Debris – Please remove the hindrance prior to the Saturday attempt or scheduled appointment.
- Construction – Please provide a clear path to the meter.
- Meter Inside – Please be available at the premise either the Saturday attempt or scheduled appointment.
- If you rent and do not have access, please contact the owner of the building and have them call Utility Resources Group at 833.450.0999.